Global Impact Case Study – Ashland and WaterAid
- Global Impact’s longstanding corporate partner, Ashland, was interested in expanding employee giving and engagement offerings beyond the fall campaign season.
- Ashland viewed Take Your Child to Work Day as an opportunity to incorporate a charity education event for employees and their children.
- Engaged Global Impact charity partner, WaterAid, to develop a strategy for Ashland’s Take Your Child to Work Day with a focus on clean water, tying a global cause to the company’s sustainability goals of reducing environmental impact and preserving the world’s natural resources.
- Planned and executed multiple hands-on activities to engage employees and their children:
- Watching and discussing a video about clean water access.
- Brainstorming, building, and testing a water collection container prototype.
- The Jerry Can Challenge where participants carried a large jug full of water for a set distance to replicate the experience that people in the developing world have transporting water.
- Highlighted the Global Impact Clean Water Fund as a way to support WaterAid, increasing awareness of a charity partner and an important global cause.
- Planned and helped implement a powerful event for employees and their children that aligned with Ashland’s sustainability goals.
- Informed Ashland employees and their children about the scarcity of clean water in many parts of the world and fostered their empathy with those in developing countries.
- Educated participants on WaterAid’s work to provide access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Received positive feedback from Ashland leaders who touted the employee engagement event as a success and showed interest for similar events in the future.
To achieve results like these, reach out to us here.