Here at Global Impact, we stand at the ready during times of crisis to facilitate global employee assistance and charitable aid funds, as well as deploy a range of advisory work to augment corporate philanthropic efforts. As a philanthropic intermediary, we have the privilege of working closely with our partners across the private sector to support their communities during difficult periods, such as the current COVID-19 environment.
Since being classified as a global pandemic, the outpouring of support – from large corporations to smaller enterprises and family foundations – has been tremendous. More than $10 billion has been raised worldwide, with commitments and initiatives ranging from supporting front-line responders to protecting employees and aiding those most at risk.
Pivoting strategies and supporting employees
Each of our corporate partners has had a unique response to the global pandemic over the past several weeks.
Our partners in hospitality chains, like Hilton Worldwide, and major brands at local and global levels engaged us in their employee assistance programs to help support team members directly impacted by the virus. Together, we were able to effectively coordinate the rapid distribution of emergency response funds to employees and their family members. Need to set up a new or boost an existing Employee Assistance Program? Find out how we can help.
Other partners have identified alternative uses for their products. GoPro donated 25 HERO6 Black camera kits to our Charity Alliance partners CARE, Mercy Corps and more to document their COVID-19 responses.
Even more have sought to support efforts through donations, like TE Connectivity Foundation, which contributed $1 million through Global Impact’s Coronavirus Outbreak Fund to support Direct Relief, Americares and Gates Philanthropy Partners.
Most recently, as a partner organization for #GivingTuesdayNow, Global Impact worked alongside our corporate partners to facilitate innovative and impactful responses to COVID-19 in support of the global day of giving and solidarity that occurred earlier this month.
How will your company respond?
Take a look at your company – what role will you play in COVID-19 relief and recovery? From taking care of your employees, investing in the communities that support your business, being flexible with your charity partners and listening to the needs on the front lines, to supporting a trusted fund, the above examples are all best practices.
Here are some additional resources directly from Global Impact experts to help provide guidance as you evaluate your options:
- Check out our campaign toolkit for all the resources you need to boost employee engagement.
- Consider making a gift to our Coronavirus Outbreak Fund to support some of the most esteemed, vetted charities responding worldwide. If your employees are in a position to give, you can also include this fund as a great option for donations.
- Listen to our March 25 webinar on launching an Employee Assistance Program.
- Tune into KPMG’s Anita Whitehead’s Ideagen interview with our President & CEO Scott Jackson on COVID-19 response.
- Read our blog post on what your company can do to help those in need.
- Read our webinar recap on engaging employees during COVID-19.
For even more inspiration on how your company can respond to the coronavirus pandemic, we’ve rounded up commitments and partnerships made by corporations around the world:
- Corporate aid tracker: COVID-19 business in action | U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Spotlight on trends for employee assistance funds in the wake of COVID-19 | Association of Corporate Citizenship Professionals (ACCP)
- The COVID-19 corporate response tracker: How America’s largest employers are treating stakeholders amid the coronavirus crisis | Just Capital
- How ACCP members are responding to COVID-19 | Association of Corporate Citizenship Professionals (ACCP)
- Resource recap for CEOs | CECP
- 'One World: Together At Home’ raised almost $128 million in response to the COVID-19 crisis | Global Citizen
- The nonprofits and companies helping to fight the pandemic |WIRED
- Slack joins 24 tech firms in collective funding for COVID-19 with $1 million | Analytics India Magazine
- How purpose-driven companies are responding to COVID-19 | Benevity
- Collaborative action to combat COVID-19 | CECP
- Adapting and leading: How companies are responding to COVID-19 | CECP
Set up your response strategy today
Global Impact is here to help your company navigate this pandemic, whether it’s supporting the creation of employee assistance programs, engaging your employees or pivoting resources to aid charities. We’re offering free one-hour consultations with our team to answer questions on employee assistance, global aid distribution, nonprofits responding around the world and more. Contact Amanda Meyer to get started today.
Visit our Coronavirus Information and Resources page for additional ideas and resources about the cross sector response to COVID-19. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions or for more information.