Global Impact Case Study – Action Against Hunger
- In 2018, Action Against Hunger, the first and only nonprofit exclusively dedicated to ending hunger globally, sought a fundraising partner who offered both customized strategy and implementation to expand its private philanthropy portfolio.
- The organization needed to develop a strong pipeline of corporate, foundation and individual prospects with the tools required to effectively steward donors.
- Conducted a development assessment to analyze competitive capabilities, readiness to grow revenue and existing opportunities.
- Created a corporate case for support and turnkey employee engagement offerings.
- Identified, qualified and made contact with more than 50 foundation and corporate prospects.
- Reengaged lapsed midlevel and major individual donors.
- Established a Board engagement program with the Development Committee, working directly with each Board member to expand engagement around private philanthropy.
- Designed and launched the COVID-19 Relief Fund and hosted a series of promotions including a fireside chat.
- Visited programs in Ethiopia to inform fundraising needs and planning.
- Traveled to Kenya to train East Africa staff on private fundraising to encourage a culture of philanthropy.
- Connected the organization with more than 300 public and private sector campaigns through Global Impact’s Charity Alliance.
- Promoted Action Against Hunger across key workplace technology platforms, helping the organization gain access to sustainable, low-cost, unrestricted employee giving donations.
- Designed a 12-month fundraising framework and augmented Action Against Hunger’s fundraising capacity by acting as development staff to cultivate a pipeline of prospects.
- Over $1 million pledged from private donors including gifts to the COVID-19 Relief Fund.
- Raised more than $75,000 for Action Against Hunger through workplace giving campaigns in 2019, an increase of $20,000 over their previous annual workplace giving campaigns.
- Secured a larger budget for investments in private fundraising efforts.
- Continuing work to this day, and actively managing the Board engagement program and strategies to grow private revenue during times of crisis and beyond.
To achieve results like these, reach out to us here.