A Global Impact Case Study - The Initiative
- Three Howard University School of Law alumni formed The Initiative and wanted to raise funds to support organizations working to end systemic police violence and implement a collaborative approach to building healthy, scalable, community policing models.
- The Initiative needed a partner to help them launch a fund that allowed donors to make charitable contributions, as well as a strategic advisor to provide recommendations on governance and processes.
- Served as The Initiatives’ U.S.-based fiscal sponsor to solicit and accept tax-deductible gifts from U.S. donors, including individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Established an online donation platform and processed gifts from donors worldwide.
- Provided recommendations on Board bylaws.
- Launched a fund and customized donation platform in just a matter of days.
- Handled tax receipting and financial management so that they could focus on program development.
- Raised $200,000 from corporate, foundation and individual contributions within three months of launching the fund.
"When we launched our organization in the summer of 2020 with the express purpose of improving relationships between law enforcement and Black/Brown communities, it would be an understatement to say that we felt a sense of urgency. Global Impact's professionalism, affordability, and continuous support allowed us to hit the ground running and we haven't stopped since! We have been able to make a big impact in a relatively short period of time, in significant part because of Global Impact's support." – Nadine Jones, co-founder and executive director, The Initiative
To achieve results like these, reach out to us here.