Clean Water Fund
Water is essential to human life. Yet, worldwide, nearly one billion people lack access to safe water supplies. In fact, more people die each year from causes related to unsanitary water than from violence, including war. Ninety percent of the 30,000 people who die every week from unsafe water and unhygienic living conditions are children under five years old. The World Health Organization reports that over 3.6 percent of the global disease burden can be prevented simply by improving water supply, sanitation and hygiene. Having access to safe, clean water does more than save a life—it reassures a future.
The scope and severity of these challenges demand the collective effort of organizations dedicated to improving access to sustainable clean water supplies. No single charity is large enough to combat these challenges alone. Organizations around the world are joining forces to provide resources and frontline delivery of services on a global scale, including:
- Building wells and piping systems to prevent waterborne illnesses
- Improving forest and freshwater management
- Teaching proper sanitation to improve distribution and irrigation
- Providing critical education on proper hand washing and hygiene
- Installing water stations to increase access to safe sources of water
Our team of committed staff is ready to work with you to achieve sustainable change for access to clean water. For more information, contact us via email or call 703.717.5200.
To contribute to Global Impact’s fund for Clean Water, click here.