Supporting the Global Goals during Do More 24, May 17-18
Global Impact is excited to announce its role as a Community Partner for Do More 24 for the third year running. Do More 24 is an annual 24-hour online fundraiser taking place from noon, May 17, to noon, May 18, in the Washington metro area. As a nonprofit headquartered in northern Virginia, Global Impact is dedicated to supporting our community and world through this 24-hour giving initiative.
We are proud to be a part of such a vibrant and diverse community and want to celebrate our connection to the world through the many Washington, D.C.-based nonprofits serving the world’s most vulnerable populations. These organizations are helping to make Do More 24 not just about improving our local community, but also our world.
In 2017 alone, Do More 24 raised $1.6 million dollars for nonprofits in the area. You can help make this Do More 24 a success and reach the people who need it the most. Just $25 provides:
- $200 worth of school supplies to children in developing countries (World Vision).
- Urgent medical care for a refugee in a refugee settlement (Medical Teams International).
- A newborn exam for a baby in Sierra Leone, ensuring a healthy start to life (Partners in Health).
- Safe, easy access to clean water through the creation of deep wells, handwashing stations and more (World Vision).
This year, Global Impact will be fundraising to help support the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Adopted in 2015 during the U.N. General Assembly, the SDGs target issues such as poverty, hunger and sanitation in order to make the world a better place by 2030.
The following Global Impact Charity Alliance members are participating in Do More 24. View their profiles and see how they are making a difference around the world from right here in Washington, D.C.
- Global Impact, SDGs
- Free the Slaves
- International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children
- International Center for Research on Women
- Rise Against Hunger
- SOS Children's Villages USA
- World Vision
On May 17, join us in changing the world. Here’s how:
- Make your donation. All you have to do is go to DoMore24.org to search for your favorite nonprofit, or click their profile link from the list above.
- Help us fundraise! Create your own campaign on the Do More 24 giving platform to help bring in more support for our cause. You can customize your campaign and set a goal, then challenge family, friends and co-workers to meet (or exceed) that goal.
- Follow and take part in the conversation by using #DoMore24 on Facebook and Twitter.
Thank you for making this year’s Do More 24 a success!