Global Impact Celebrates Do More 24 with Charity Partners in Washington, DC
Global Impact is excited to announce that we are a Community Partner for Do More 24, an annual 24-hour online fundraiser taking place on June 8, 2017 in Washington, D.C. As the headquarters of Global Impact and home to many of our staff, we are dedicated to supporting our D.C. community and world through this initiative.
We are proud to be a part of such a vibrant and diverse community and want to celebrate our connection to the world through the many D.C.-based nonprofits serving the world’s most vulnerable populations. These organizations are helping to make Do More 24 not just about improving our local community, but also our world.
Last year, Do More 24 raised $1.55 million dollars for nonprofits in the area. Through this fundraiser, our D.C.-based charity partners make an extraordinary impact around the world. For example, for approximately $24 dollars…
- Save the Children can pay for two children to take part in information sessions on Ebola at a children’s club, teaching them how to protect themselves from the disease.
- Women for Women International can provide vegetable seeds so women in the Democratic Republic of Congo can sell produce at markets and feed their families.
And, if you and one of your friends both donate $24 dollars, WaterAid can build a rainwater harvesting tank for an entire family.
The following Global Impact Charity Alliance Members are participating. View their profiles and see how they are making a difference around the world from here in Washington, D.C.:
- Global Impact, Refugee Fund
- ChildFund International
- Free the Slaves
- Health Volunteers Overseas
- International Center for Research on Women
- Prison Fellowship International
- Save the Children
- Women for Women International
On June 8, join us in changing the world. Here’s how:
- Make your donation. All you have to do is go to DoMore24.org to search for your favorite nonprofit, or click their profile link from the list above. You can schedule your donation to occur from May 25 to June 8.
- Learn about your impact. Join us on June 7 to discuss how local giving can make global change. Follow along on twitter using #1Day1World from 1-2 p.m. and join in the discussion.
- Celebrate with us. Following a successful Do More 24, bring your donation receipt to the Hawthorne on June 8th between 5-8 p.m. for drink specials and an extended happy hour.
Change the world. Give global.