The Senior Associate is responsible for supporting the Advisory team in its work with non-profit organizations and corporations to grow their philanthropic and mission impact. The Senior Associate will have the opportunity to work within a diverse and exciting client portfolio, with integrated teams and skillsets working together to influence philanthropy. The work is fast-paced, and the culture is conducive for growth. Direct responsibilities include administrative support for client-facing teams, and project management of client-facing deliverables. Duties include management of project timeline and deliverables, maintaining client and stakeholder relationships, internal coordination of project team, client reporting, coordinating prospect and donor engagement with senior leaders, drafting, editing and formatting external communications, prospect research, moves management, database maintenance, Board support, event planning, and digital communications. The Senior Associate will also provide support on the development and execution of new products and services that will be introduced in the marketplace.
Day-to-day management of internal projects as well as external client engagements, to include reporting and tracking of timeline and deliverables
Conducts in-depth prospect research and relationship mapping on individual, corporate, foundation and government entities with an eye towards funding
Supports development of strategic recommendations and implementation tactics in the areas of fundraising, communications, marketing, corporate grantmaking and organizational operations
Provides coordination and support to the Advisory team and clients to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, goals, and deadlines
Provides development and administrative support including managing and maintaining contact lists, facilitating external communications, database and knowledge management, coordination of team schedules, meetings, and conferences, capturing notes and communicating action items to drive outcomes
Conducts quantitative and qualitative research and synthesizes data into concise, meaningful reports
Leads and effectively manages special projects and initiatives
Supports Global Impact’s Business Development efforts by:
- Conducts research on potential clients
- Drafts communications and proposals for prospective clients
- Coordinates internal and external business development meetings
- Takes notes during business development meetings
- Coordinates all meeting follow-up
- Strategizes on approach for prospective clients
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2-3 years of prior work experience including fundraising and administrative experience
- Well-organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently; think ahead and present solutions
- Proactive self-starter who takes initiative
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with a focus on results
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and through written word
- Ability to quickly learn and operate as a user within new software structures based on client needs
- Interpersonal communication skills, professionalism, and a positive approach to work
- A strong customer service orientation with the ability to interact with a variety of internal and external professionals
- Outcome focused; ability to drive and meet project deadlines
- Experience in managing up and working seamlessly with leadership
- Strong critical thinking and analytic skills
- Ability to develop and manage team processes
- Agility and flexibility to meet organizational requirements
- Knowledge of international and humanitarian affairs
- Prior experience doing research
- Ability to present information and data effectively in both visual and written formats
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Salesforce or other CRMs, SharePoint, Adobe Creative suite, philanthropic databases, and Vertical Response or other email communications tools a plus
With your application, please submit a cover letter, resume, and either one writing sample (no more than 5 pages) or one PowerPoint presentation you created that demonstrates your ability to attractively present information of any kind. Your application will be incomplete without these documents and you will not be considered. If we can do something to accommodate you to fully participate in the recruitment interview process, please let us know.
Please use this link to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Working at Global Impact
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for more than one year. Visa sponsorship is not available.
At Global Impact, we passionately celebrate a culture of belonging. We are committed to cultivating and nurturing a workplace of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our work will grow and transform philanthropy, our global community, and ourselves.
Global Impact encourages individuals to apply for this position who are of underrepresented backgrounds including, for example, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
The salary range is $55,000 - $60,000, depending on the role filled and experience you bring.
On top of the competitive salary that we are offering, you’ll receive 11 paid holidays and 25 paid days off. We provide an excellent benefits plan including parental leave, medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability, and a robust 401K program.
This is a full-time position with the potential to be fully remote. Currently, we are taking precautions during the pandemic and staff are working remotely.