Project Support Intern
Do you want to work with a team of philanthropists who are mobilizing resources and raising funds to support critical humanitarian needs? The Project Support Intern will work closely with our dynamic Partner Solutions Team to support research, deliverable management, and business development for a portfolio of nonprofit, corporate, and foundation clients. The intern will also provide significant internal support for the Partner Solutions Team.
Deliverable management and research, which may include activities such as:
- Prospect research for fundraising
- Producing benchmarking reports for corporate and nonprofit clients using a variety of databases
- Drafting client workshop materials, including presentations and activities as it relates to strategic planning and brand development
- Drafting client surveys, emails, and communications
- Editing documents to be delivered to clients
Business development support:
- Provide research on key issues related to corporate social responsibility, nonprofits, foundations, and industry events and news
- Provide background research for a variety of internal projects
- Support projects that enhance the capabilities of the Partner Solutions Team
- Ensure internal client management databases and files are up to date
During the internship, the student will be exposed to aspects of international development through interaction with a variety of nonprofit, corporate, and foundation contacts, which include some of the world’s leading humanitarian organizations. During the internship, the intern will participate in integrated team meetings internally and select external client meetings.
The intern will report directly to a member of the Global Impact Partner Solutions Team with daily oversight to ensure all projects are aligned with Global Impact’s mission and strategic goals. The intern will be invited to make a presentation of his or her work to executive team members which will serve as a capstone, cumulative project for the internship.
There is a possibility for a monthly stipend based on budgetary constrain, and experience, and also opportunity for class credit for the internship.
- Student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, currently completing junior, or senior year, or a Master’s student
- Interest in working in the areas of international development, nonprofits organizations with a global perspective, or corporate social responsibility
- Interest in fundraising for international causes
- Prior internship or professional experience relating to client management/fundraising preferred
- Academic or professional experience with highly involved research and writing activities
- Excellent writing and presentation skills required
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to operate independently and in a team environment with little supervision
- Ability to successfully handle multiple assignments
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook preferred
- 20-36 hours per week (mutually agreed by Global Impact and the intern)
- Spring semester is January-April, summer semester is May-August, and fall semester is September-December (flexible)
- To be considered, applications must include both resume and cover letter
- Your cover letter should explain your interest, relevant experience/coursework and list your GPA
- Email your application materials to [email protected], and in the email subject line list Partner Solutions and your name
About Global Impact
Global Impact, a nonprofit organization, works on charitable ventures to inspire greater giving. We serve as a trusted advisor, intermediary and implementing partner across the private, nonprofit and public sectors. Through these partnerships, we have raised nearly $2 billion for causes such as disaster relief and global development. Our expertise includes fundraising and partnerships, employee engagement and corporate social responsibility (CSR), and finance and business services. Global Impact’s reach and services are complemented by the work of our subsidiary company, Geneva Global. Learn more at charity.org.