Manager, Fundraising & Partnerships
We are philanthropy advisors who put mission first.
We believe intentional collaboration will effectively transform philanthropy.
We break the boundaries of traditional consulting with creative, customized end-to-end solutions.
As a nonprofit, our promise to our clients is this: Your objectives lie at the heart of our mission.
As a Manager on our consulting team, you will deliver high-quality services to a portfolio of Global Impact’s nonprofit, corporate, and foundation clients in support of our Fundraising & Partnerships Line of Business. The ideal candidate will have experience in consulting, communications, and fundraising and is ready to take the next step in their career. We’re seeking a candidate who demonstrates:
- Impeccable project management skills to lead multiple client-based workstreams and respond to ad hoc requests
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to execute on project deliverables for clients
- Strong writing and editing skills and exceptional attention to detail to “polish” internal and client-facing deliverables
- Solid team and people management skills and/or project-based team management responsibilities.
The Manager will be responsible for ensuring the success of nonprofit and private sector clients, and in collaboration with the Senior Director, supporting business development efforts. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse and exciting client portfolio, with integrated teams with skill sets to influence philanthropy. The work is fast-paced, and the culture is conducive for growth. You will also provide support on the development and execution of new products and services that will be introduced in the marketplace. Serving as a strategic team member or lead on client engagements, you will communicate with clients on a regular basis and ensure client satisfaction.
- Provide project management and serve as relationship manager for client engagements.
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks, goals and deadlines for the Fundraising & Partnerships team and clients.
- Support resource development goals and strategy, including fundraising diversification, the fundraising life cycle (identification, cultivation, recognition, stewardship).
- Support targeted marketing/value proposition efforts for nonprofit clients, including development of communications strategy including digital and social media strategy.
- Lead deliverables on client accounts including internal and external analyses (prospect research, benchmarking, strategic planning for fundraising and the organization, marketing plans, staff and Board assessments).
- Manage client deliverables, check-in meetings, and day-to-day interactions with clients.
- Support creation of a pipeline of nonprofit partners and clients.
- Support revenue generation strategies for potential non-profit partners and clients.
- Develop proposals and scopes of work for potential clients.
- Develop collateral and pitch materials for potential clients.
- Provide support for integrated business development team meetings.
Global Impact Support
- Maintain records in SharePoint and Salesforce on all client relationships.
- Lead and effectively manage special projects and initiatives.
- Identify and implement innovative and creative approaches to processes and products.
- Provide management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff.
- Contribute to overall culture and innovation at Global Impact.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fundraising with project management and administration skills. Non-profit consulting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of international and humanitarian affairs, nonprofit/INGO management, philanthropic and/or international development funding landscape preferred.
- A strong customer service orientation with the ability to interact with a variety of internal and external professionals.
- Strong critical thinking and analytic skills.
- Ability to develop and manage team processes to meet client goals and steward collaborative success for the Global Impact team.
- Must be creative and flexible to work in an innovative and hands-on environment geared toward problem-solving.
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with a focus on results and outcomes.
- Ability to work independently; think ahead and proactively present solutions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and through written word.
- Well-organized with strong attention to detail.
- Reasonable ability to travel and work outside of normal business hours when needed.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Salesforce knowledge a plus.
For complete requirements and details please click on the link below.
Working at Global Impact
At Global Impact, we passionately celebrate a culture of belonging. We are committed to cultivating and nurturing a workplace of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our work will grow and transform philanthropy, our global community, and ourselves. Global Impact encourages individuals to apply for this position who are of underrepresented backgrounds including, for example, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
The salary range is $65,000 - $75,000, depending on the experience you bring. On top of the competitive salary that we are offering, you’ll receive 12 paid holidays and 25 paid days off. We provide an excellent benefits plan including parental leave, medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability, and a 401K program.
This is a full-time position with the potential to be fully remote – you must be able to work the majority of hours in the Eastern or Central time zone. The position has the availability for some flexible hours. Our team members who are local to our Alexandria, VA office, spend one day per week in the office and other times to gather as needed.
We look forward to hearing from you!