Director, Collective Giving
The Director, Collective Giving is an entrepreneurial and creative leader with experience building successful, innovative tools and initiatives. The Director manages a suite of products and programs focused on democratizing philanthropy - the practice of making philanthropy more accessible to all. This includes our fast-growing collective giving program and Growfund, the first no-minimum donor-advised fund for individuals, giving circles, and corporations.
The Director will focus on developing and growing relationships. This position will be the first point-of-contact for new and potential users that interact with the Growfund platform. The Director will grow the user base of giving circles, individuals, and corporations on the platform while also ensuring high retention and satisfaction of current users on the platform. The Director has the critical role of engaging others through community-building and inclusive discourse.
This position works with the consulting arm of Global Impact’s business unit, aiming to further the goals of the organization, and drive value through efficiency and innovation.
Giving Circles Relationship Management:
- Establish strong relationships across the collective giving space, and the broader philanthropic landscape, to further democratize and diversify giving across the field.
- Serve as the point person to users on the Growfund platform, helping to ensure that all issues are addressed, and that platform retention and satisfaction remain high.
- Serve as a partner to the national giving circle movement to promote collective giving by providing giving circles with tools, resources, and support.
- Lead in the development of an online giving circle portal where collective giving groups can perform tasks, build community, and attract new members all in one place.
Program Management of Growfund:
- Lead the cross-functional Growfund team, including Help Desk, Finance, Technology, Marketing and business development functions to ensure successful day-to-day operations of the program.
- Develop and maintain the Growfund budget, including revenue and expense information.
- Manage all vendor relationships, including our back-end donor-advised software.
- Conduct strategic analysis and develop clear and quantifiable goals and objectives for program development.
- Identify and refine new processes that generate efficiencies and drive cost savings.
Business Development across Portfolio:
- Lead the design and implementation of the revenue diversification strategy for ongoing sustainability of the Growfund product.
- Identify and evaluate prospective grant and funding opportunities, and lead in outreach, cultivation and relationship management with existing and new funders
- Lead on identifying, cultivating, and closing new business across corporates, non-profits, and community foundations on the platform.
- Conduct market and competitor assessments; validate market opportunities, size and potential.
- Nurture existing strategic partnerships and seek to establish new partnerships related to philanthropy domestically and globally.
- Identify new trends and developments across the field of innovative finance, impact investing, collaborative philanthropy, and donor-advised funds.
- Represent Global Impact at conferences, events, and speaking opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 7 years’ experience managing and developing relationships and partnerships
- At least 4 years’ experience in strategic program development and business model development.
- At least 4 years’ experience bringing-to-market programs and services within the context of sustainable business models that both fulfill mission and drive net revenue.
- At least 2 years’ experience in product management and development is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience or interest in collective giving, giving circles, or the democratization of philanthropy.
- Experience managing teams, including across functions and departments.
- Experience working with organizational leadership to grow a pipeline
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously of varied scale and complexity
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective team and partnering skills, and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Experience in interacting directly with clients and senior leadership
- Vendor relationship management
- Budget management
- Experience working in philanthropy
Professional skills & knowledge, that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Global Impact leaders:
- Excellent interpersonal abilities: good listening skills, excellent writing and verbal skills, and a confidence when asserting ideas
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Passionate, outside-the-box thinker
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
Interested candidates—to apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at [email protected].
About Global Impact
Global Impact, a nonprofit organization, works on charitable ventures to inspire greater giving. We serve as a trusted advisor, intermediary and implementing partner across the private, nonprofit and public sectors. Through these partnerships, we have raised nearly $2 billion for causes such as disaster relief and global development. Our expertise includes fundraising and partnerships, employee engagement and corporate social responsibility (CSR), and finance and business services. Learn more at charity.org.