Accounting Manager - Grants and International Accounts
The Accounting Manager for Grants and International Accounts manages the accounting and finance functions of Global Impact for the Finance & Business Services (FBS) Department. The AM manages Fiscal Sponsor and Fiscal Agency client communication and deliverables and manages FBS staff to ensure that all necessary compliance activities are fulfilled.
Fiscal Service Management & Delivery
- Oversee the fiscal service operations of assigned Global Impact clients and ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place and adhered to
- Review and issue timely client deliverables with analysis to ensure accurate information has been recorded and reported to clients and stakeholders
- Document Accounting policies and procedures and maintain accounting manual
- Oversee client cash management and some potential investment management
- Develop and manage annual budget and cash forecasting system for clients
- Assist with budget development and financial components of grant applications and manage financial tracking of all awarded grants for clients
- Manage audit & tax process for entities and complete reporting for entities on a timely basis
- Manage and coach the accounting staff; ensure the team delivers the highest standard of departmental, cross-departmental, external teamwork, and customer service
- Create and/or review financial reports for board meetings for clients
- Ensure that all financial management and reporting complies with GAAP or IFRS as needed
- Ensure that all organization audit, tax, and compliance filings are made on a timely basis
Fiscal Service Client Relationship Management
- Manage Fiscal Services client relationships
- Manage Fiscal Services stakeholders (legal, insurance, IT, banking committees & board members) on behalf of clients
- Act as liaison for external vendors/consultants on behalf of clients
- Manage client agreements, changes, renewals, etc.
- Provide oversight and management of two direct reports
- Engage with the Finance & Accounting Team leadership and collaborate to help fulfill the mission
- Manage direct reports to build capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA or MBA desirable
- 8 – 10 years progressive experience in accounting roles
- Non-profit accounting experience required
- Experience with donor grant agreements, grant management, and restricted grant accounting (including net asset tracking and indirect allocation accounting) required
- Experience with international non-profit organizations a plus
- Knowledge of banking cash management systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects from start to completion, to manage numerous clients and client relationships, and to manage staff
- Great customer service attitude
- Ability to build relationships with all organization stakeholders
- Attention to detail and an ability to identify problems quickly and work through resolution either alone or with team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a mindset of continuous improvement and be service-oriented
- Must have experience with QuickBooks Online Accounting software, and be proficient with Microsoft Office products including advanced Excel skills
- Experience with online accounting platforms such as Bill.com, Wizehive, etc. a plus
- Ability to project manage systems integration software projects
- Additional IT networking knowledge is helpful and willing to learn
- Ability to learn new software systems
Working at Global Impact
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for more than one year. Visa sponsorship is not available. This is a full-time position with the potential to be fully remote – must be able to work majority of hours in the eastern or central time zone. Position has the availability for flexible hours. For team members who are local to our Alexandria, VA office, one day in the office is required.
At Global Impact, we passionately celebrate a culture of belonging. We are committed to cultivating and nurturing a workplace of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our work will grow and transform philanthropy, our global community, and ourselves.
Global Impact encourages individuals to apply for this position who are of underrepresented backgrounds including, for example, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
The salary range is $100K to $107K, depending on the experience you bring.
On top of the competitive salary that we are offering, you’ll receive 12 paid holidays and 25 paid days off. We provide an excellent benefits plan including parental leave, medical, dental, short-term, and long-term disability, and a 401K program.
We look forward to hearing from you!