Accounting Manager – Global Impact
The Accounting Manager directly supervises the day-to-day activities of the Global Impact accounting staff, excluding those involved with campaign report processing. These activities include all transactional processing, account reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. S/he is responsible for the preparation of monthly and year-end financial statements drafts for Global Impact. S/he works with the Managing Director of Finance and to coordinate and support the annual audit process for all entities and is responsible for all tax returns compliance requirements related to each of those entities. The Accounting Manager will also work closely with the Controller to coordinate financial matters that have a client-facing component.
- Daily Accounting Operations Oversight:
- Day to day operations; cash receipts, cash disbursements, payroll cash outflows.
- Monitor existing processes and internal controls over procurement, payroll, receipts, and disbursements.
- Work with Controller to ensure all major accounting processes are kept up-to-date
- Create Global Impact’s Annual Budget
- Monthly Closing and Reporting Management
- Draft monthly GAAP financial statements
- Audit prep
- Leadership and Team Management
- Prep 990’s
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in accounting, or related discipline 8 CPA preferred
- 5 Years in an accounting environment
- Not-for-profit experience and knowledge of not-for-profit accounting strongly preferred
- 2 Years Management Experience
- QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite essential
- Strong understanding of nonprofit accounting guidelines
- Works independently
- Problem solving
- Lifelong learner
Working at Global Impact
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for more than one year. Visa sponsorship is not available. We are working with a hybrid model and team members are required to come into the office once per week or other times to gather. Position has the availability for flexible hours.
At Global Impact, we passionately celebrate a culture of belonging. We are committed to cultivating and nurturing a workplace of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our work will grow and transform philanthropy, our global community, and ourselves.
Global Impact encourages individuals to apply for this position who are of underrepresented backgrounds including, for example, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
The salary range is $110K to $120K, depending on the experience you bring. On top of the competitive salary that we are offering, you’ll receive 12 paid holidays and 25 paid days off. We provide an excellent benefits plan including parental leave, medical, dental, short-term, and long-term disability, and a 401K program.