The Accounting Assistant provides support to the Finance & Accounting team. The Accounting Assistant’s responsibilities include data entry of workplace giving campaign receipts. Additionally, the Assistant supports the team with pulling data, tracking information, maintaining files, and more. The Accounting Assistant ensures proper tracking throughout all systems and reports.
The Accounting Assistant position requires a high energy and enthusiastic professional with strong organization skills, an ability to work independently and with a team, along with a strong desire to be willing to take on new challenges.
- Codes and monitors cash receipts for workplace giving campaigns and special campaigns.
- Pulls backup from, email bank website, and other various finance related websites.
- Performs regular bank reconciliations of lockbox.
- Works with donor database (ANDAR) to ensure all cash receipts are accurately reflected and tracked.
- Maintains filling system in the accounting software for financial information, records, and documents to ensure easy accessibility and adherence to records retention policy.
- Assists the Accounting Manager in ensuring that the department is following policies and procedures.
- Supports the accountants in preparation of month end close, annual audit and 990.
- Perform other duties as required to support the Finance Department.
- High School diploma required with 2+ years of experience
- OR a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and up to 1 year of experience
- Prior work experience in a support or administrative position required; prior experience supporting financial or fundraising functions a plus
- Microsoft Office 365 tools, Advanced Excel skills
- Strong aptitude for learning software systems such as ANDAR, bill.com and QuickBooks
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail required
- Motivated self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with others within and across functions at all levels of the company
Working at Global Impact
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for more than one year. Visa sponsorship is not available. This is a full-time position with the potential to be fully remote – must be able to work majority of hours in the eastern or central time zone. Position has the availability for flexible hours.
At Global Impact, we passionately celebrate a culture of belonging. We are committed to cultivating and nurturing a workplace of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our work will grow and transform philanthropy, our global community, and ourselves.
Global Impact encourages individuals to apply for this position who are of underrepresented backgrounds including, for example, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
The salary range is $40K to $45K, depending on the experience you bring.
On top of the competitive salary that we are offering, you’ll receive 12 paid holidays and 25 paid days off. We provide an excellent benefits plan including parental leave, medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability, and a 401K program.
Currently, we are taking precautions during the pandemic and staff are working remotely. In 2022, for staff in the DC Metro area, we will be moving to a hybrid model.
We look forward to hearing from you!