Senior Manager, Digital Marketing and Fundraising
The Senior Manager, Digital Marketing and Fundraising will bring a full spectrum of web, social media, digital marketing, and online fundraising capabilities to Global Impact. This position will develop and execute digital strategies to maximize Global Impact’s efforts to grow brand awareness, highlight its services, effectively position the organization in the market and engage key audiences. Additionally, this position serves as a high-level expert advising nonprofit and government clients on digital fundraising strategy. The position oversees the day-to-day operations of Global Impact’s primary website, charity.org, as well as other specialized websites, campaigns and the organization’s social media channels.
- Lead and implement all aspects of Global Impact digital marketing plan for social media channels and website with assistance from Senior Associate.
- Advise on digital marketing and fundraising strategies, campaigns and tactics across the organization.
- Manage content, layout and design for Global Impact websites and customized landing pages for marketing campaigns, in partnership with the Technology Team.
- Manage online advertising campaigns.
- Write, edit and create content (copy, graphics and photos) for websites and social media channels, and coordinate contributions of other staff.
- Grow and cultivate Global Impact’s online community.
- Collaborate on external client projects by developing and/or implementing digital fundraising strategies as needed.
- Research and identify relevant new technologies, social networks, tools, and digital marketing and fundraising strategies to ensure implementation of best practices.
- Develop and manage digital usage reports.
- Update and maintain social media guidelines for the organization.
- Provide additional marketing and communications support as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, digital media, journalism, marketing or related field
- 5+ years of experience in digital marketing and online fundraising; preferably with experience working in both the for-profit and nonprofit sectors
- Knowledge of content management systems (preferably Drupal, WordPress, Ruby on Rails), basic HTML, SEO, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint and graphic design applications (preferably Adobe Creative Suite)
- Familiarity with UX/UI optimization
- Advanced skills in Facebook advertising and Google AdWords
- Strong knowledge of online communications strategies and tactics, branding and latest digital technologies, tools and best practices
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing social media and digital strategies to increase visibility, engagement and donations
- Significant experience with content generation, writing Web-appropriate copy and presenting a professional voice for an organization
- Significant experience tracking and analyzing data and trends
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Must be creative and innovative
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and tasks on deadline with a focus on results
- Familiarity with AP style and Meltwater is a plus
- Passion for and understanding of global development and philanthropy is a plus
Interested candidates—To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume, with salary expectations and history to Human Resources at [email protected].
About Global Impact
Global Impact is a leader in growing global philanthropy. The organization builds partnerships and raises resources that help the world’s most vulnerable people by providing integrated, partner-specific advisory and backbone services; workplace fundraising and representation; campaign design, marketing and implementation for workplace and signature fundraising campaigns; and fiscal agency and technology services. Global Impact partners with hundreds of public and private sector workplace giving campaigns to generate funding for an alliance of more than 100 of the most respected international charities. Through strategic council and implementation support, Global Impact equips nonprofits, public sector and private sector organizations to achieve their philanthropic goals. The organization also leads national marketing efforts for the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), and serves as Outreach Coordinator for the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area (CFCNCA), the Combined Federal Campaign-Overseas (CFC-O) and seven other CFC zones across the United States. Since 1956, Global Impact has generated more than $1.8 billion to help the world’s most vulnerable people.