Financial Services Junior Accountant
Global Impact is actively seeking a Financial Services Accountant to join our growing Fiscal Services team. Fiscal Service team supports the accounting function for a variety of diverse clients, primarily in the nonprofit sector. The ideal candidate will possess a high aptitude for learning new systems and processes, loves interfacing with a variety of clients, enjoys a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, can take general direction and “run with it,” and thrives as a member of team.
The Financial Services Junior Accountant provides outsource accounting services to clients and supports other financial service engagements including DAF and fiscal sponsorships. The Junior Accountant is primarily responsible for collecting, reconciling, and summarizing accounting information, and maintaining financial records.
- Assist on the month end closing procedures.
- Maintain supporting schedules and reconciliations for most balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare all required journal entries including but not limited to payroll, depreciation, and expensing of prepaid items.
- Assist the annual preparation of client’s budgets.
- Assist with external auditors at year end with preparing schedules, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data.
- Assist with month end charity distribution process.
- Assist with bank reconciliations for siscal sponsor clients.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related education.
- 3+ years of Accounting experience preferably in a Non-Profit organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Customer service focus is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an effective team player.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize; must be organized.
- Experience using Great Plains
- MS Office suite experience
About Global Impact
Global Impact is a leader in growing global philanthropy. The organization builds partnerships and raises resources that help the world’s most vulnerable people by providing integrated, partner-specific advisory and backbone services; workplace fundraising and representation; campaign design, marketing and implementation for workplace and signature fundraising campaigns; and fiscal agency and technology services. Global Impact partners with hundreds of public and private sector workplace giving campaigns to generate funding for an alliance of more than 100 of the most respected international charities. Through strategic council and implementation support, Global Impact equips nonprofits, public sector and private sector organizations to achieve their philanthropic goals. The organization also leads national marketing efforts for the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), and serves as Outreach Coordinator for the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area (CFCNCA), the Combined Federal Campaign-Overseas (CFC-O) and seven other CFC zones across the United States. Since 1956, Global Impact has generated more than $1.8 billion to help the world’s most vulnerable people.