Campaign Engagement and Marketing Intern (Campaign Solutions)
Would you like to work with a team of young philanthropists who are working to raise funds on behalf of international charities? During this internship, the student will gain experiences with two fun, hard-working teams, Campaign Engagement and Marketing & Communications. The Campaign Engagement team serves as the liaison between public and private sector employers and charities that participate in their employee giving campaigns. This team also manages 100+ charity alliance relationships. Working hand-in-hand with the Campaign Engagement team, the Marketing & Communications team promotes the work of our charity alliance in these campaigns as well as the work of Global Impact. The student will complete projects in the areas of fundraising support and marketing and communications.
- Event support to the Campaign Engagement team for client fundraising and education opportunities, including events hosted at various corporate offices and federal agencies in the metro area.
- Draft content for Global Impact’s social media platforms
- Manage collateral stock and collateral fulfillment to team members and employee giving campaign accounts
- Support Global Impact’s traditional fundraising and marketing platforms
- Research project for Campaign Engagement
- Design digital engagement pieces as directed
- Design internal and external communication pieces
- Manage charity digital assets
- Data management in Salesforce.com and other internal systems
- Other duties as required
The Intern will report directly to a member of Global Impact’s Campaign Solutions team who will provide daily oversight to ensure all projects are aligned with Global Impact’s mission and strategic goals. Note: this Intern will be invited to make a presentation of his or her work to executive team members, which will serve as a capstone project for the internship.
This is a paid internship for up to $1500 in stipend. Global Impact will also provide a transportation benefit up to $90 per month in metro.
- Student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree currently completing junior or senior year
- Interest in working for a not-for-profit organization with a global perspective and a focus on marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication. Presentation skills required
- Ability to speak in front of large groups of people
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, manage strict timelines and adhere to deadlines; strong organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and think critically
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to operate independently and in a team environment with little supervision.
- MS Office suite experience preferred, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database experience\Interest and experience in international relief & development and fundraising preferred
- Prior internship or professional experience preferred
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Ability to travel throughout the region (Car not required, but preferred)
- Must be a US citizen (required for entry into some federal sites)
- 20-40 hours per week (mutually agreed by Global Impact and intern)
- May through August 2017 (specific start and end dates are mutually agreed upon by Global Impact and intern)
- To be considered, applications must include both resume and cover letter
- Your Cover letter should explain your interest, relevant experience/coursework, and GPA
- Email [email protected] with your name and "Campaign Solutions" in the subject line
About Global Impact
Global Impact is a leader in growing global philanthropy. The organization builds partnerships and raises resources that help the world’s most vulnerable people by providing integrated, partner-specific advisory and backbone services; workplace fundraising and representation; campaign design, marketing and implementation for workplace and signature fundraising campaigns; and fiscal agency and technology services. Global Impact works with more than 300 public and private sector workplace giving campaigns to generate funding for an alliance of more than 100 international charities. Through strategic council and implementation support, Global Impact equips private sector and nonprofit organizations to achieve their philanthropic goals. The organization also served as administrator for four of the world’s largest workplace giving campaigns, including the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area (CFCNCA) and the Combined Federal Campaign-Overseas (CFC-O). Since 1956, Global Impact has generated more than $1.8 billion to help the world’s most vulnerable people.