The “Impact of One” Highlighted in Global Impact 2016 Annual Report
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Dec. 9, 2016 – Global Impact, whose mission is to build partnerships and resources for the world’s most vulnerable people, released its FY16 Annual Report today. The report outlines accomplishments such as raising more than $42 million in total contributions, generating nearly $22 million in employee giving pledges for more than 120 charity alliance partners, and helping more than 45 corporate and nonprofit partners accomplish their philanthropic goals by providing advisory and backbone services.
“This year our Annual Report is entitled ‘The Impact of One,’ and I am truly inspired every day by the personal journeys and efforts of so many people that are resulting in collective impact for the world’s most vulnerable people—whether that be by individual donors, companies, nonprofits, foundations or government,” said Scott Jackson, Global Impact President and CEO. “Each entity is comprised of people with their own personal stories that help shape the outcomes of others. It is our goal at Global Impact to provide more opportunities for everyone to make a difference.”
Also documented in the report is Global Impact’s low administrative and fundraising expense ratio of 11 percent and additional accomplishments including:
- Democratizing global giving by offering individuals access to Growfund—a powerful new tool to securely invest their contributions and multiply their impact in the world.
- Engaging U.S. organizations with Red Nose Day to benefit children and young people in the U.S. and around the world.
- Responding to five disasters in the past year to support Global Impact charity partners on the ground.
- Providing custom backbone services for IMPACT 2030, a first-of-its-kind coalition to direct the international human capital investment and innovation of the private sector toward achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- As the backbone partner of the Hilton Prize Coalition, an independent alliance of winners of the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize, supporting a storytelling movement to show how best-in-class organizations respond to disasters and share lessons learned to build collaboration and community.
- Supporting mothers2mothers, by developing a unique strategy and helping launch a new campaign to protect babies from HIV in sub-Saharan Africa.
About Global Impact
Global Impact is a leader in growing global philanthropy. The organization builds partnerships and raises resources that help the world’s most vulnerable people by providing integrated, partner-specific advisory and secretariat services; campaign design, marketing and implementation for workplace and signature fundraising campaigns; and fiscal agency, technology services and integrated giving platforms. Global Impact works with nearly 450 public and private sector workplace giving campaigns to generate funding for an alliance of more than 120 international charities. Through strategic council and implementation support, Global Impact equips private sector and nonprofit organizations to achieve their philanthropic goals. The organization also serves as administrator for four of the world’s largest workplace giving campaigns, including the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area (CFCNCA) and the Combined Federal Campaign-Overseas (CFC-O). Since 1956, Global Impact has generated more than $1.7 billion to help the world’s most vulnerable people.