VP, Finance & Accounting
- Provide insights into and recommendations (supported by data) for navigating potential paths forward in an evolving marketplace offering multiple revenue diversification options and imperatives.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with Global Impact’s strategic plan.
- Direct, mentor and develop Finance & Accounting staff.
- Enhance and develop financial policies, procedures, and programs to improve efficiency, fiscal operations, and protect Global Impact’s assets.
- Implement appropriate controls and processes to enable organizational growth, including an ongoing protocol for testing controls.
- Ensure systems are appropriate to support the accurate and timely recording of financial activity including revenue, expenses, assets and liabilities.
- Ensure systems support accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of financial activity to effectively enable management, the Board, committees, and outside entities.
- Steward the budget process, manage preparation of financial reports, and engage with staff and board to ensure accountability to organizational budgets, visibility and action-ability on behalf of management.
- Oversee finance and accounting services for Global Impact’s growing fiscal agent and secretariat clients and lines of business. Provide leadership, training, and direct the work of finance and accounting staff to effectively perform work for these clients.
- Analyze financial condition; propose and implement financial management strategies, and when needed, remedial actions to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Issue accurate, timely and insightful reports in response to business model, revenue diversification scenarios proposed by CEO, Finance Committee and Board members.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to ensure operating needs. Optimize the handling of banking and investment management relationships, and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions.
- Oversee the tracking of receipt allocation, and expenditures of restricted and unrestricted donations. Work closely with Global Impact’s development staff to ensure accurate reporting.
- Coordinate and provide oversight of the annual audit of operations and present findings to the President, Board, Audit Committee and Finance Committee in timely fashion and with recommendations for any necessary remediation.
- Oversee preparation of consolidated audited financial statements. Serve as primary contact with auditors. Oversee compliance with tax reporting requirements.
- Develop and document policies and procedures as necessary for continually improved financial management of Global Impact.
- 10+ years of progressive senior financial management experience (some nonprofit preferred but not required), including Director-level supervisory experience.
- Experience with diverse business models including fiscal services, advisory services, campaign management, related contracts and technology platforms, and fee for service. Prior experience with workplace giving a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, consultants.
- Experience analyzing financial data and directing the preparation of financial reports, statements, and projections for internal and external audiences.
- Creativity, flexibility, ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective executive team member and provide proactive leadership in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Contribute to and/or guide cross-divisional teams including those other than direct reports.
- Commitment to ensuring fiscal integrity and ability to manage highly confidential information with discretion.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Master’s degree in accounting, finance or business preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant, with a Chartered Global Management Accountant certification preferred.
About Global Impact
Global Impact is a leader in growing global philanthropy. The organization builds partnerships and raises resources that help the world’s most vulnerable people by providing integrated, partner-specific advisory and backbone services; workplace fundraising and representation; campaign design, marketing and implementation for workplace and signature fundraising campaigns; and fiscal agency and technology services. Global Impact works with more than 300 public and private sector workplace giving campaigns to generate funding for an alliance of more than 100 international charities. Through strategic council and implementation support, Global Impact equips private sector and nonprofit organizations to achieve their philanthropic goals. The organization also served as administrator for four of the world’s largest workplace giving campaigns, including the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area (CFCNCA) and the Combined Federal Campaign-Overseas (CFC-O). Since 1956, Global Impact has generated more than $1.8 billion to help the world’s most vulnerable people.