Do you want to work with a team of young philanthropists who are mobilizing resources and raising funds to support critical humanitarian needs? The Project Support Intern will work closely with our dynamic Partner Solutions Team to support research, deliverable management and business development for a portfolio of nonprofit, corporate, and foundation clients. The intern will also provide significant internal support for the Partner Solutions Team.
Key responsibilities include:
· Deliverable management and research, which may include activities such as:
o Prospect research for fundraising
o Producing benchmarking reports for corporate and nonprofit clients using a variety of databases
o Drafting client workshop materials, including presentations and activities as it relates to strategic planning and brand development
o Drafting client surveys, emails, and communications
o Editing documents to be delivered to clients
· Business development support:
o Provide research on key issues related to Corporate Social Responsibility, nonprofits, foundations and industry events and news
· Internal Support
o Provide background research for a variety of internal projects
o Support projects that enhance the capabilities of the Partner Solutions Team.
o Ensure internal client management databases and files are up to date
During the internship, the student will be exposed to aspects of international development through interaction with a variety of nonprofit, corporate and foundation contacts, which include some of the world’s leading humanitarian organizations. During this internship, the intern will participate in integrated team meetings internally and select external client meetings.
The intern will report directly to a member of the Global Impact Partner Solutions Team with daily oversight to ensure all projects are aligned with the Global Impact’s mission and strategic goals. Note the intern will be invited to make a presentation of his or her work to executive team members which will serve as a capstone, cumulative project for the internship.
This is an unpaid internship; however, Global Impact will pay a transportation benefit up to $90 per month. There is also opportunity for class credit.
· Student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, currently completing junior, or senior year, or a first year Master’s student
· Interest in working in the areas of international development, not-for-profit organizations with a global perspective or corporate social responsibility
· Interest in fundraising for international causes
· Prior internship or professional experience relating to client management/fundraising preferred
· Academic or professional experience highly involved in research and writing
· Excellent writing and presentation skills required
· Ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts
· Excellent project management and organizational skills
· Superior attention to detail
· Ability to operate independently and in a team environment with little supervision
· Ability to successfully handle multiple assignments
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
· Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook preferred
· To be considered, applications must include both resume and cover letter
· Your cover letter should explain your interest, relevant experience/coursework, and GPA
· In the email subject line, put PARTNER SOLUTIONS and your name
· EMAIL to [email protected]
About Global Impact
Global Impact is a leader in growing global philanthropy. The organization builds partnerships and raises resources that help the world’s most vulnerable people by providing integrated, partner-specific advisory and secretariat services; campaign design, marketing and implementation for workplace and signature fundraising campaigns; and fiscal agency, technology services and integrated giving platforms. Global Impact works with approximately 450 public and private workplace giving campaigns to generate funding for an alliance of more than 120 international charities. Through strategic council and implementation support, Global Impact equips private sector and nonprofit organizations to achieve their philanthropic goals. The organization serves as administrator for one of the world’s largest workplace giving campaigns, the Combined Federal Campaign-Overseas. Since 1956, Global Impact has generated more than $1.7 billion to help the world’s most vulnerable people.